Eighteenth Hammersmith Multidisciplinary Endocrine Symposium .
Abstract submission instructions:
The Society for Endocrinology Poster session: Call for cases (DEADLINE Tuesday Nov 14th 2023).
All clinical cases that illustrate the importance of a multidisciplinary team in the management of
patient care in endocrine disease will be considered. Those where there are authors from more than one discipline
(including radiologists, physicians (endocrine or general), surgeons (endocrine, neuro- or general), radiotherapists)
will be given priority, and appropriate abstracts will be selected as oral communications. There will be a £100 prize and
certificate from the Society for Endocrinology for the best abstract submitted by a Young Endocrinologist (someone who is
not a consultant). There will also be a £50 prize for the best poster presented by a Young Endocrinologist.
The themes that will get the most attention are those that are covered in the symposium this year.
Please submit your abstract electronically by e-mailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org :
B. Preparation of your abstract
1. Abstracts may not be submitted if previously presented at a national/international meeting.
2. The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study.
3. Abstracts should be as informative as possible:
• State the specific objective of the study
• State the method used, if pertinent; state whether experiments were in vivo or in vitro; if in vivo, state whether animal was anaesthetised or unanaesthetised
• Summarise the results obtained
• State the conclusions reached
• When experiments are performed on human subjects and local Ethical Committee approval has therefore been obtained, this should be stated in the abstract.
• Statements such as ‘results will be discussed’, ‘data will be presented’ cannot be accepted.
5. Abstracts will be reproduced as submitted. If accepted your abstract will appear in Hammersmith Abstracts on the web and in hard copy exactly as submitted and any typing error will be visible.
6. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the form of presentation, oral or poster, in the interest of the programme.